Virtual Tech Mission Panama
The Netherlands Embassy in Panama-City & Holland House Panama are organizing a Virtual Mission to Panama from 25-27 October. Innovative companies in digital technology from the Netherlands, Curaçao, Aruba and Sint Maarten are invited to participate in this unique 3-day digital trade mission. The mission will be led by Fabia Tetteroo-Bueno, CEO of Philips Latin-America and implemented with the support of local partners in the technology field such as the City of Knowledge, the technology chamber CAPATEC and Panama Pacifico. The mission is sponsored by Philips Latin America, which has its headquarters in Panama-City. See project page.
Digital Maritime Mission Central-America
The Regional Business Development LATAM team (NL Ministry of Foreign Affairs) organized a digital maritime trade mission to Central America from December 1-3 2020, in close cooperation with the Netherlands Embassies in Panama and San José. Holland House Panama & Holland House Colombia set-up and implemented the mission together with local partners. Sixteen companies from the Kingdom of the Netherlands with focus on port digitalization, development, energy and sustainability participated in this unique 3-day digital trade mission, led by René van der Plas (Director Port of Rotterdam International).
Goals of the mission
- To become aware of the trends & opportunities in the Port sector in Central-America
- To find new business partners & customers
- To strengthen existing relations with maritime players in the region
- Virtual platform to enter into contact with Central-American counterparts from the port sector in Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua
- Presentations on ongoing tenders and upcoming maritime projects in the region
- Matchmaking with 6-8 targeted potential clients and partners
- Updates on new trends and developments in Central America´s maritime sector
- Virtual visits to Panama Canal and Caldera Port
- Official presentation of the recently conducted regional study on Port Digitalization
The maritime sector in Latin-America
The maritime sector, including port development, is key to the future development of Latin American economies. Throughout the region, countries are investing in existing ports, building new ports, and particularly improving efficiency, digitalization and sustainability. The developments in light of Covid-19, create new opportunities for the Dutch maritime sector. Multiple tenders are currently starting or in progress in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua, centered around port infrastructure and equipment modernization works, renovation of shipyards, port digitalization, and water management systems.
Local Partners involved in the mission
CER-PYME Responsible Business Conduct practices
CER-PYME is an EU-funded project for training and certification of medium and small companies in Colombia, Ecuador and Panama in Responsible Business Conduct practices (Corporate Social Responsibility – CSR). Holland House Panama & AHK Panama are implementing this project in Panama.
The project aims for the creation of a responsible business ecosystem, where large companies that operate under high social, environmental and corporate transparency standards, motivate small and medium-sized companies to implement good business practices within their production processes. Through the development of training activities, exchange of experiences, knowledge transfer and advice on key issues such as social responsibility, environmental, gender and corporate transparency, among others.
Five reasons to participate as a Panamanian SME:
- Free Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Exchange of experience in Corporate Social Responsibility with the most important anchor companies in the country
- Virtual training on current issues for your company such as; human rights and environmental management
- Multisector commercial networking
- Unique possibility of being part of the supply chain of important national and international companies
Watch the official launch which took place on October 15th here.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CER-PYME is endorsed by the Latin America and the Caribbean Responsible Business Conduct Fund (RBCLAC), implemented by the International Labor Organization (ILO), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights(OHCHR) and funded by the European Union. The project is organized in cooperation with the German Chambers of Commerce & Industry in Colombia, Panama and Ecuador (AHK) and Holland House Colombia & Panama.