Interested in working for Holland House Panama?
Internship Holland House Panama
Do you want to support international business between the Netherlands and Panama?
As an intern you will be closely involved in the work of the Holland House and work together with the Executive Director. The Holland House is the business hub for Dutch companies in Panama and Panama is the trade, logistics and financial center of Latin-America. International Business Development is central to the Holland House. As an intern you will be involved in the following key activities:
- Organizing and preparing (online) business events
- Communication with members & customers
- Website & social media management, online marketing
- Providing assistance during meetings and events
- Supporting the Executive Director in internal and external meetings
- Carrying out market research
- Assisting in consultancy assignments (e.g. partner search, digital business missions)
What we ask
The trainee is expected to be able to work independently. Moreover, flexibility and improvisational talent are required. An important requirement is that the student is in the last year of an international business, creative business and / or international communication-oriented study at HBO or University level. In addition, as a candidate you have:
- Affinity with international business & commerce
- (Basic) knowledge of Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Creativity, proactiveness, independence, organizational ability, enthusiasm and reliability; hands-on attitude
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- Good verbal and written command of the Dutch and Spanish language
- Affinity with the organization and logistical handling of meetings and events;
- Excellent digital skills and knowledge of social media, online meetings, external communication and copywriting
- Available from September 1 or at the earliest convenience after that (before coming to Panama, a period of a few months of remote working from NL is possible, taking into account the COVID-situation; a full digital internship can be discussed but is not preferable). The internship period is 6 months.
What we offer
- Challenging, educational and versatile internship
- The opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic international working environment
- Multidisciplinary and challenging projects
- Room for initiative and responsibility
- Working with and for companies such as Heineken, Philips and KLM (our members) as well as SMEs.
- An internship compensation
Who we are
Holland House Panama (HHP) provides business services and networking opportunities to Dutch and Panamanian companies. As a bilateral Chamber of Commerce its main aim is to promote international trade and investment between the Netherlands & Panama. Holland House Panama, based in Panama-City, is an initiative of the Dutch private sector, Dutch businesses and the Netherlands Embassy in Panama-City. It is part of a worldwide network of bilateral Chambers of Commerce, coordinated by NLinBusiness in the Netherlands. HHP currently has 30 members, both large multinationals such as Philips, Heineken and KLM as well as SMEs. For more info, visit www.hollandhousepanama.com
If you are interested in this position starting from October 2020, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: September 30.
More information about this vacancy? Contact Robin Elisabeth van der Lee, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.